Monday, May 17, 2010

Testing a Child's TV Program

A few weeks ago we interviewed mother's on their child's television use and what these mothers allowed their children to watch. In class, we were told that certain child TV programs were better than others. My daughters watch Dora: The explorer, and Little Einsteins, they like them and so do I. A cartoon that my children and I have never seen that was mentioned in my class was Blue's Clues. So today I got a blue's clue's DVD.

I played the DVD and my daughters wondered what was going on. They stood by the TV and my oldest daughter was so quiet. It was like she had never seen anything like this (although she has- dora and einsteins) so I tried to get her involved. I told "Steve" whatever he asked and sometimes I was surprised that I got the answer right (ha). Well, I answered "steve" a few times and then my daughter said: "No mom don't answer him. He already knows." So I stopped answering him. And she just sat there watching.

I personally did not enjoy it, there was barely any music and his dancing was... I felt like I was trapped in my house having to watch this DVD with my children. I wanted out! I asked my daughter to turn it off and she agreed.

Later on during the day, I asked my daughter if she liked Blue's Clue's. She said she liked it! She talked about paw prints, and the blue puppy and red puppy. I'm glad that she actually liked it, maybe her response was the "I'm speechless" response. So she will be watching this DVD again in the near future, I hope I will not be caught to having to watch this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment