"Great disrespect is intended, however, towards that annoying cola commercial that aired in the early 1990's. I don't even remember if it was for Coke or Pepsi, all I know is that whoever it was must have paid Ray Charles a lot of money to do this commercial for them."
This blog is for the media. Media is everywhere. I'm excited about it, because I use it everyday. I'll note the media things that take up a lot of my time. Or just the simple uses of media in my life.
Friday, May 7, 2010
AM Radio
I was listening to the 1160 AM talk show called "The Night-side project." Their catch line is something like "We stimulate you respond." The topic was on disrespectful children and how to handle it. A question posed was are children more disrespectful more now than in days past? Also, what do you do with disrespectful children? A caller said that "as a last resort he would spank," and that his father told him "you're done spanking when you are mad." I thought about this and how different the situation would be if your parents stopped spanking you when they got mad. Although, the other question was still unanswered, Are children more disrespectful now, than in days past? The show hosts said that children now, were most likely not anymore disrespectful now than during other generations. But I think that it is very possible that children are more disrespectful now because they have a wider range of media to follow and to be like. Our nation encourages individualism so why do we need our parents? This is where the disrespect comes in. I think it could possibly be worse now because of the effects the media is having on children. The night-side project really got me thinking and I don't usually like to listen to men talk (cause they can be dumb sometimes) but this program was good, I liked listening to it.
"Great disrespect is intended, however, towards that annoying cola commercial that aired in the early 1990's. I don't even remember if it was for Coke or Pepsi, all I know is that whoever it was must have paid Ray Charles a lot of money to do this commercial for them."
"Great disrespect is intended, however, towards that annoying cola commercial that aired in the early 1990's. I don't even remember if it was for Coke or Pepsi, all I know is that whoever it was must have paid Ray Charles a lot of money to do this commercial for them."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment