Friday, May 7, 2010

1160 AM

I was listening to the radio again this morning. The news was on, and so I tuned in. The first thing was about a murderer who strangled his gf or wife then immediately called the cops to be arrested (this was in slc county, i think). That made me kinda sad that stuff like this happens. The next thing on the news was posing fines for leaving your trash can out in on the road after garbage pick up. The part that caught me was it was for the town I'm currently living in. Pleasant Grove. So they said if you leave your trash cans out for more than 48 hours, you will be given a written notice, and then if it is still there, you will be fined $50. I thought, I'm glad I'm listening to this cause we haven't been notified of any policy yet. And then, they said also Pleasant Grove residents will be charged for not keeping up with their lawn or front yard? I thought, wow, this is really good info. to know. I mean you will be punished for not knowing the laws of your city, and I don't know the laws of my city, really. So I'm glad I listened to this, it was meant to be. I came home trash can already in front, then I went out to the front to pull weeds. It wasn't much, but when it gets big and bushy the grasshoppers, bee's, wasps and spiders come out and they freak me out. So I was pushed to do something I normally would've left undone. Sometimes the news can be a good resource.

3 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty intense laws. I would think people should be able to decide what their own yard looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say happy mother's day! Sorry it's not more media related, but hey, I am using media to send the shout out ;)

    ReplyDelete