I started my last semester of BYU this month. It has been great! I am so excited to graduate in April. Really. By the time I graduate, I will have been in school for 2 years! This means that my twins will also be 2 years old. It has been a long run,and I have really enjoyed being back in school. I am also grateful for my husband, Pate, who puts time into taking care of our children and our family.
Since this month started, it has been full of things to do, including challenges. My hubby- Pate installed new front and back doors to our house. I don't think he has always been a "handy man", but with the internet he can fix anything he wants to.
Our refrigerator broke when the new year started and has been "out of order" since. This was something he could not fix, so we called the refrigerator expert whom it took 4 visits to fix and we are currently waiting for the weekend to finish, to make sure that it really works.
So, since the beginning of this year, we have been living off of our food outside of the house. We have had a "creature" come into our backyard and try to get into the food. We had to move the food over to my brothers house. Since all of our food is at a different location, I have been using our canned goods to eat from. It is really hard to eat canned food everyday when compared to fresh food. But, we are doing it.
Next on the list, the weather has gotten warm and the snow has melted. With the snow melting, we have found out that we have a leak in the house. This is the house we bought. There are so many things that come with an old brick house and it has been challenging and fun to work with my husband to take care of these things. We are both very useful to each other and enjoy working together. This is what family is and starts with-- the couple. So, although we have many problems with this place, we are willing to work together to fix these things.
I also am so glad for my food storage, something I've had strong feelings about from before my marriage. Who would've ever thought that our refrigerator be out of order for a whole 3 weeks? These things are unexpected, and could be just like a power outage. I'm glad that the outside was below 30 degrees, but really food only lasts for so long in those conditions.
So, it has been a pretty eventful January and the month is not over. I do have a lot of studying to do, so until graduation. Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment