A few weeks ago, my oldest daughter started reading Harry Potter. She is 9 years old. I was very excited for her. She would read aloud to me for 20 minutes as part of her homework. Book 1 got done fairly quick, as well as book 2, which she could only read on the kindle app on my phone. We finally had the bright idea to go to the library, so that i could have my phone back. We went to the library and got book 3, and book 4. Books 3 and 4 were in the children's section. After they were read and done, we went for book 5. We found book 5, 6, and 7 in the Young Adult section. I got them without thinking, then realized, I don't think I want my daughter to read 5, 6, 7 just yet. I needed some thoughts as I couldn't remember what exactly was in these later books.
First, I asked my sister who loves Harry Potter, she lives in another country, so it was by fb. When she didn't answer, I moved on.
Second, I searched Google. I then found a good site and after reading it, I scrolled through the comments. Here's the site.
https://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog/harry-potter-age-by-age-guide
I thought I had my answer, it was clear. But I don't know, there's a lot of effects. So I decided with my daughter to let her read it when she's 11 or 12. And the last 2 books she has to wait till she's older. Well, I'm glad that got sorted out. But mainly wanted to point out that I used the internet.
No comments:
Post a Comment