Monday, July 15, 2013

The Skinny on Popcorn

Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks. I have loved popcorn since way back in my high school days. Back then, we used to have those boxes of un-popped microwave popcorn. I used to microwave a pack after I got back from 2-4 hours of surfing with my sisters and brother. Seriously it was a favorite past-time. I grew up in Hawaii, so you wouldn't say I was surfing the net (although we did have it), I was actually surfing. I had a short board, and for my last birthday in Hawaii, I got a long board. But that is for another blog.

When I was pregnant, I craved popcorn. And now that my kids are somewhat grown, it's like I still have to have popcorn in my house. Now, over the past few months I have tried other popcorn's, kettle corns, and then Costco had to come out with this one: ok, I LOVE it! First of all look at how they are selling it. Everything about it, makes me want it. 1. Skinny Pop- It makes me feel skinny already 2. Indulge Guilt Free-which means I don't have to worry about anything (mainly weight). And everything else it says. In a way I feel tricked. But, the popcorn tastes good, therefore I believe what it says on the bag. 3. Oh, only 39 Calories? Yes please. 4.Zero Trans Fat-- which means, I know it's in there, but there's not enough Trans Fat for them to include it in the Food labels. 5. Cholesterol FREE- No, cholesterol-- that is a bonus! 6. No artificial anything- bigger plus. I'm just blown away, it's the perfect popcorn, and yes I think it tastes good.

And yes, I love this popcorn, I crave it. But, in the back of my mind I keep thinking. They are so good at selling this product. I would never buy this bag in real life (lol...). Just looking at all the things that it says I feel tricked, I can feel good about eating this popcorn, but I want to know why I am so drawn to this bag of Popcorn.

After starting my p90x routine, I have been able to eat more healthy and exercise. But, now that I'm done with the p90x (for the summer), I'm not as strict as I could be. Also, it is fast, easy, and supposedly healthy. I've been itching to tell and finally here is my chance. Somebody stop me... but, I know it's better to eat this than all the cookies and stuff around. So, it's somewhat good.

 It also costs about $5.95 for this bag at Costco and it's only 4.4 oz? really. What am I thinking. But, I have to say good job to the advertisers and this company. I am sold. I wanna be skinny (or do I?), and I keep thinking this is the solution... Skinny Pop. Love the mind games in advertising, labels. yes, I'm skeptical. No, I won't buy any other popcorn's, because I don't think they'll be as good, or as healthy as this one. (What did I just say? lol...) And that's the end of my thoughts on Skinny Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment