Thursday, January 31, 2013

I Love Reading...

I have never been much of a reader before. It was always movies, music, dancing, and sports for me. But, being at home, in the cold winter of Utah with my children.. I decided to take up a new hobby. Reading. And wow, I am drawn in. I'm now trying to find the style of writing and authors that I enjoy. I'm not really interested in those books that are about deception, lying, and death... those are a little dark for me. But, If I do come across it, I guess I would read to the end.

In the Fall of 2012, I read the books Telesa.. by a polynesian author. It was magical for me and I could relate as she intertwined reality into legends and myths that polynesians grow up hearing, as well, there's the love story, which I just enjoy.  Well, I've read a few others before the year ended. I've read free books on kindle, and I am just so excited to finish a book, everytime I finish. Well, I have 4 real books that I've started reading, and 2 electronic. I'm enticed by these books and I want more. To finish a book is pretty cool, being that I'm reading so many.

So for the record January has brought in a few books, that I'm recording elsewhere. I'm looking forward to finishing all the books I've started before February's over.
The library had it's $1 a bag yesterday, and I got a bag full of books, I thought I might enjoy. One's about surfing, and others about other things. I'm just searching for the good stuff and the style of writing that I enjoy. Happy book reading and hunting. I've got a lot to read, and I'm excited about it.

Note: I got an Arabic Language book with a cd. So one of these days I'll be learning Arabic. Life is so interesting, people are so creative, people are awesome. Thanks for reading my somewhat random thoughts about books and reading. I'm glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment