The Rugby World Cup started last week, and I love it! This is the first time, that I've watched the rugby world cup. My experiences with rugby include famliy members and my own experiences. Here's a little background with my rugby experiences. I have been to a few of my brothers high school rugby matches up here in Utah-- that would be Harold (Elder Moleni at the moment). My older sister Tenneille also played rugby for UVSC a few years ago. My husband played rugby when he was in high school, and I must say-- his pictures were impressive. My brother, Timo plays rugby a lot in Hawaii-- he was/is the captain or coordinator for those games at BYUH. Then before that when I was in high school, we learned how to play rugby from Mrs. Mo'o-- the PE teacher. Oh yah, I've also enjoyed the movies "Forever Strong" and "Invictus." The only rugby movies that I can think of at the moment. hmmm.. and I cannot forget, my newest brother Tim, who plays rugby professionally, for some teams.
I was able to watch the opening ceremonies of the Rugby World Cup on TV. We cut our cable lines, and are now living off an antenna and digital box. We only get certain channels now. And lately, if the news isn't on, then we are watching the world sports station (Running, cycling, Rugby). Besides that, there's children's shows during the day.
Rugby is not huge in America, like it is in other parts of the world. But, I am glad to say that the USA has a team in the world cup. Because rugby is not huge, it is not broadcast on every station, or even at all. We have been watching the games online, through an Irish station-- which means we have been watching Irish commercials (lol..) Not that it really matters, we're just trying to watch the games.
The games are taking place in New Zealand. It has been fun listening to the accents and pronouncing the players name with the accent. "Kaahui." I'm rooting for all the polynesians, but most importantly New Zealand, then Tonga/Samoa, and the USA. The USA game is starting in 20 minutes. It is being broadcast in TV, but, the time it starts here in Utah, it'll be 1:30a.
Can you imagine Rugby, being as big as football? I mean, in the world it is a lot bigger than our football in the US. Well, best of luck to all the teams. Go USA (so glad I could actually watch your game live in the a.m.) and Let's go All Blacks-- win this!
Glad that I can still get cable (the basic channels) with an antenna and digital box. And then to have the internet to watch games live. Yes, I'm excited. It's game time. 1:25a. --Out
The New Zealand All Blacks are the Rugby World Champs of 2011! The players worked really hard, and in the end it was a great win! I love Rugby!
ReplyDelete