Saturday, September 4, 2010

So Grateful--Football

I love football! It started in High school as I would go to the football games to see my older sisters play in the band. While at the games, I learned what the boys were doing on the field, and when I should cheer. I also loved going to these games for the food booths that were there, they has some really good food. I came to BYU and bought my season tickets for the football game. I cheered with the BYU fans as they all yelled together "boo.." which I later found out meant "Luke". It was seriously so much fun! My freshman year, I was into my studies and gave away the most important ticket of the football season to my "cousin" for free. That is the BYU-Utah football game of 2001. I do not remember if we *BYU* won or not, and I didn't and haven't really cared about this rival until I realized it is a part of the Utah culture. I got married to a Utah Man who later became a WildCat, and now that I am back in Utah County, I am proud to be a cougar! Rararararaa.

This past thursday, Sept. 2, 2010, I was glued to the media to hear the news about the future of BYU football. First, I had the car radio on-- I then ran in the house to find the radio on, and the TV on. I sat there waiting and listening. It was like I was worshiping BYU football.
As a mother of young children, I am not able to go to the games although I would love to attend. The first game of the 2010 season for BYU was on a certain station we did not have. I was heart broken, so I did what I had to. I found the game on the AM radio and I listened intently. It was a good game.
It would not have been possible if I didn't have the media. I am now watching the game as highlights on the MTN, it was good.. I'm happy and excited for this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment