This blog is for the media. Media is everywhere. I'm excited about it, because I use it everyday. I'll note the media things that take up a lot of my time. Or just the simple uses of media in my life.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
My Drive to School
I started my car; the radio turned on and 1320 AM was playing-- which is always the case after my husband drives the car. I started driving out to state street, while the men on the radio were talking about themselves or a famous sports figure. I am usually up to date with sports, but I got annoyed when they started putting themselves above everyone. I turned to the FM frequency and searched for a familiar up-beat song, there was none. So I pressed the disc button hoping there would be a CD in place. To my luck there was a CD in the player, it was on track 9 and as it played, I realized it was rap, an unfamiliar one to me. I took the CD out and realized that my husband had gotten it from either his brother or someone at work. I put it back in the player to see if there was any good music on it. I obviously was not impressed with track 9. The first few songs were ok (still rap), it was a mix, so they weren't very long. Then I heard "murderers," this reminded me of another song which I did not like. I changed the songs not recognizing anything, it reminded me of the Bay area, or possibly the east coast rap? I couldn't tell.. then I heard the song that had lyrics that I didn't' like, it went something like this: "they call us murderers because we kill time." The tune was familiar and I immediately pressed the button to turn it off. I was mad and full of emotion, I started crying. I left the radio off for the rest of my drive to school. I felt mad because I feel like the lyric composers are so dumb, they are desensitized to these things that they could relate murdering to their relationship time. I do not like that murdering could be taken so plainly... huh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment